The assignment was to come up with a brochure for a fictitious company.
My fictitious company is called 6 Digits Paints (shortened to 6 Digits for the logo). 6 Digits is an online paint company where customers can enter a hex code (e.g. #002FA7, #9C1938, #FF00CC, etc.) and get the paint that is exactly that color, similar to how people get different colors on the computer (other paint companies will have default colors that may be close to a particular hex code you want, but not exactly). This way, customers can choose from over 16.5 millions colors so they can get the exact color they want for whatever kind of paint they need.
The reason I call it 6 Digits is because color hex codes (minus the hashtag/pound sign) are typically 6 digits.
The brochure contains two "stories" where the characters (done in a cute, cartoony way) need customized paint and are then satisfied with their 6 Digit Paints service. Also, of the covers, I used a gradient for the borders (which are made to look like paint swatches) and used my logo I made for my previous project. I did have to put an extra black border around each page in order to tell them apart from each other. I apologize about the resolution (it looked much clearer in Adobe InDesign).
If I had printed this brochure, it would have been in a book style in order to have the stories not to get mixed up.
First Spread / "Story"
Second Spread / "Story"
Sketches & Comps
I wanted to depict two "stories" to represent my two main demographics: Artists and Home-Owners. At first I wanted to do a comic strip, but I realized it was probably going to be too tricky with my current skill level (and I wanted to wait until my class' next assignment which will be a comic strip).
Again, I didn't really do any sketches since I sort of already had some of the characters made from playing around on Adobe Illustrator (my Fan-Art section proves that). I did plan that (since the brochure is supposed to be 8 pages/panels) I was going to make the first and last pages the covers, and that each story would take up 3 pages/panels. Plus, I planned that both stories would follow the formula of: Problem (1st page), 6 Digits / Solution (2nd page), and Result (3rd page).